The Fairtrade Foundation is a rapidly growing organisation which licenses the consumer label the FAIRTRADE Mark in the UK on products that meet international standards of Fairtrade. Our unique independent guarantee is helping producers in the South and consumers in the North to challenge conventional trading systems that condemn millions to poverty and hardship. This voluntary position could be an exciting and challenging first role for someone looking to move into public relations. The position will offer a fantastic opportunity to learn how the media works and allow you to gain experience of working in a busy press office.
Volunteer Role Title: Media Volunteer
Reports to: Media Officer
As a Media Volunteer you will be responsible for a wide range of administrative and general office duties which will make this opportunity both interesting and varied.
Commitment: Ideally we would like to have a volunteer for 2-3 days per week for at least three months.
This arrangement is not intended to be legally binding or to create a contract.
- Helping compile media coverage and keep filing system up to date
- Support with press events
- Helping with the writing up of case studies
- Writing briefing sheets
- Sending press photographs, product samples etc to journalists
- General press office support
- Handling other administrative tasks as necessary
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good computer skills (although training will be given on the Access database)
What will you have learned / achieved by the end of this assignment?
- Press office skills
- Writing experience
- Media experience
- NGO/Charity sector experience
- A reference
To apply for the above volunteering position please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a completed Volunteer Application form by Monday 13th November