£80,000 per annum + benefits
Closing Date 3 February 2017
The Fairtrade Foundation is a passionate and ambitious development organisation committed to tackling poverty and injustice through trade. We are best known as the independent, not-for-profit body behind the FAIRTRADE Mark. Sales of certified Fairtrade products in the UK totalled £1.6 billion in 2015 generating £27.7 million of Fairtrade Premium, and the number of farmers and workers benefiting from Fairtrade now totals more than 1.65 million across 74 countries.
It’s an exciting time to join Fairtrade – we’ve just launched our new global strategy 2016-2020 – ‘Changing Trade, Changing Lives’, that sits alongside our UK Strategy ‘Fairtrade Can, I Can’. Our new strategy presents the opportunity for us all to work together in new and innovative ways, launch a suite of new services and products, drive even more impact and tackle the urgent challenges farmers and workers face.
- The CFO will bring a high level of accountability and initiative for driving the necessary direction and change management required across the organisation
- The CFO will have direct responsibility for Finance, IT Facilities, People & Learning and Assurance & Reporting
- Primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities
- Play a key role within the global fairtrade movement ensuring there is consistent strategic competence across the board globally
- An ACCA, CIMA or CA qualified accountant
- Will have knowledge of and commitment to fairtrade and development issues, and be comfortable with public speaking
- A confident and considered decision maker who will have the leadership judgement and breadth to empower and realise the full potential of the team
- Will have recent and broad experience of operating at a senior management level (including at board level) within an organisation of comparable scale, diversity or complexity.
For more information please speak in confidence to our retained consultants at Berwick Partners, Anwen John on 0121 654 5944 or Sandra Hamovic on 020 7529 6332.
To apply, please visit www.berwickpartners.co.uk/59215
If you are unable to apply online please email your application to email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 3rd February 2017